Definition of the NANDA label
Situation in which there is a danger of developing a negative perception of self-worth in response to a current situation (specify).
Susceptible to developing a negative perception of self-worth in response to a current situation, which may compromise health.
• Developmental changes (specify).
• Alteration of body image.
• Functional impairment (specify).
• Loss (specify).
• Changes in social role (specify).
• Learned story of hopelessness.
• History of abuse, neglect, or neglect.
• Unrealistic expectations about yourself.
• Lack of recognition or rewards.
• Conduct inconsistent with values.
• Failure, rejection.
• Reduction of power or control over the environment.
• Disease (specify).
At risk population
• Developmental transition
• History of abandonment
• History of abuse
• History of loss
• History of neglect
• History of rejection
• Pattern of failure
• Functional impairment
• Physical illness
• Control of depression.
• Self esteem.
• Active listening.
• Promotion of health behaviors.
• Health education.
• Promotion of family involvement
This diagnosis will retire from the NANDA-I Taxonomy in the 2021-2023 edition unless additional work is completed to bring it up to a level of evidence 2.1 or higher.