Definition of the NANDA label
Risk of allergic response to natural latex rubber products.
Susceptible to a hypersensitive reaction to natural latex rubber products, which may compromise health.
• Multiple surgical procedures, especially during childhood (eg, spina bifida).
• Allergy to bananas, avocados, tropical fruits, kiwis, chestnuts.
• Professions that require daily contact with latex (eg, doctors, nurses, dentists).
• Situations that need continuous or intermittent catheterizations.
• History of reactions to latex (eg, balloons, condoms, gloves).
• Allergy to the ponsetia plant.
• History of allergies and asthma.
At risk population
• Frequent exposure to latex product
• History of allergy
• History of asthma
• History of food allergy
• History of latex reaction
• History of poinsettia plant allergy
• History of surgery during infancy
• Hypersensitivity to natural latex rubber protein
• Multiple surgical procedures
• Control of immune hypersensitivity.
• Allergy management.
• Precautions with latex.