Definition of the NANDA label
Ability to experience and integrate the meaning and purpose of life through connection with self, others, art, music, literature, nature, or a power greater than one’s own self.
A pattern of experiencing and integrating meaning and purpose in life through connectedness with self, others, art, music, literature, nature, and/or a power greater than oneself, which can be strengthened.
Connection with the self
• Desire to reinforce:
– The hope.
– The meaning and purpose of life.
– Peace or serenity.
– The acceptation.
– The love.
– Forgiveness of himself.
– The philosophy of life.
• Increased coping.
Connection with others
• Provide service to others.
• Requests interactions with spiritual leaders.
• Ask for forgiveness from others.
• Demand interactions with friends and family.
Connection with art, music, literature, nature
• Shows creative energy (eg, writing or doing poetry).
• Sing / listen to music.
• Read spiritual literature.
• Spend time outside.
Connection with a power greater than myself
• Reports mystical experiences.
• Participate in religious activities.
• Express reverence and respect.
• Spiritual well-being.
• Quality of life.
• Spiritual support.
• Facilitation of spiritual growth.
• Enhancement of self-esteem.
• Enhancement of self-awareness.
• Clarification of values.
• Give hope.