Definition of the NANDA label
Limitation of independent manipulation of the wheelchair in the environment.
Limitation of independent operation of wheelchair within environment.
• Impaired ability to maneuver the manual or power wheelchair on smooth or uneven surfaces.
• Impaired ability to maneuver the manual or electric wheelchair on an upward or downward incline.
• Impaired ability to avoid obstacles with the wheelchair.
The level of independence must be specified
• Alteration in cognitive functioning
• Impaired vision
• Musculoskeletal impairment
• Neuromuscular impairment
• Ambulation: wheelchair.
• Muscle function.
• Level of mobility.
• Postural changes.
• Pressure control.
• Promotion of exercise: extension training.
• Exercise therapy: balance.
• Exercise therapy: muscle control.