Definition of the NANDA label
Limitation of independent movement on foot in the environment.
Limitation of independent movement within the environment on foot.
• Impaired ability to:
– climbing stairs.
– walk the required distances.
– walking on an upward or downward incline.
– walking on uneven surfaces.
– get around obstacles.
- Cognitive impairment.
- insufficient muscle strength.
Suggested classification at a functional level:
0 = fully autonomous.
1 = requires help from computer or device.
2 = requires another person for help, supervision or teaching.
3 = requires help from another person and from a computer or device.
4 = dependent, does not participate in the activity.
• Alteration in cognitive functioning
• Impaired balance
• Impaired vision
• Musculoskeletal impairment
• Neuromuscular impairment
• Personal care: activities of daily living (ADL).
• Level of mobility.
• Help with self-care.
• Exercise therapy.
• Energy management.