Definition of the NANDA label
Limitation of independent movement to change position in bed.
Limitation of independent movement from one bed position to another.
• Impaired ability to:
– Go from right lateral decubitus to left lateral decubitus and vice versa.
– Go from the supine position to sitting with the legs hanging or vice versa.
– “Slide” or change position in bed.
– Go from supine to prone position or vice versa.
– Get up in bed from the supine position and vice versa.
•Skeletal muscle injuries.
• decreased strength.
• Alteration in cognitive functioning
• Musculoskeletal impairment
• Neuromuscular impairment
• Pharmaceutical agent
• Consequences of immobility: physiological.
• Muscle function
• Joint movement: active.
• Level of mobility.
• Postural changes.
• Caring for the bedridden patient.
• Promotion of exercise: extension training.
• Exercise therapy: joint mobility.
This diagnosis will retire from the NANDA-I Taxonomy in the 2021-2023 edition unless strongly differentiated from Impaired physical mobility (00085).