Definition of the NANDA label
State in which the individual presents a decrease in stimuli, interest or commitment to participate in recreational activities.
Reduced stimulation, interest, or participation in recreational or leisure activities.
• Verbal references to boredom.
• Verbal references of wanting to do something, to read, etc.
• Inability to carry out habitual hobbies due to physical limitations or being in the hospital.
• Environment devoid of recreational activities (prolonged hospitalization, frequent and long treatments).
At risk population
• Extremes of age
• Prolonged hospitalization
• Prolonged institutionalization
• Prescribed immobility
• Psychological distress
• Therapeutic isolation
• Participation in leisure activities.
• Participation in games.
• Self esteem.
• Entertainment therapy.
• Game therapy.
• Art therapy.
• Simple relaxation therapy.
• Activity therapy.
• Music therapy.
• Facilitate self-responsibility.